Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Living Out My Faith


I guess this post is more of a question for all of you Christian bloggers out there.

Lately I've been thinking about my future and the direction my life is heading. I am 25 years old, so I am sure that's normal--evaluation can be a good thing. But here is where my confusion sets in. You see, I've always had the desire to be in full time ministry and even missions work has become more and more appealing to me as the Lord has been working on my heart over the last 5 years or so.

I am very content where I am. My singleness has given me an opportunity to serve in the church in ways I otherwise couldn't. I am so blessed to have the job I do. Working for a Christian ministry is truly a privilege.

I want to serve the Lord in the greatest capacity possible. But how do you chose between 2 good things. I find in my Christian walk, the hardest part is often not chosing between sin and righteousness...that's obvious. My biggest struggle is chosing between 2 or more "good" options. When the Lord seems to be still, not giving me any direction--it's almost impossible for me to know what He wants from me. I know when it comes to biblical decision making you must obey God's revealed will in Scripture and then after that we have freedom to decide from the desires the Lord puts in our heart. I don't know if it's time for me to pursue new things, or if I should continue things as I am and just be patient where the Lord has placed me right now. I want to be wise, I want to be discerning, and I want to please the Lord. And, I want to make sure that my goals and hopes are from God and that I am not being decieved by my own desires. Really I guess I just want to live out my faith!

So my question is...have you ever had similar feelings, struggles, throughts, concerns? How do you deal with it? Are there verses that have been an encouragement to you in those times?

1 comment:

The Resident Writer said...

Remember that God knows the plans He has for you, so you don't have to. I know from volunteering at the library, and listening to peoples' testimonies on Sunday evenings that GTY has a great impact on souls. I would pray, and patiently wait on the Lord. I, too, wanted to be a missionary, but God knew the plans He had for me, and He planned all along that I would marry J, and that my ministry would be to open my home and heart to friends, and to love my husband.