Wednesday, May 10, 2006

If You Want to Make God Laugh Tell Him Your Plans



I love country music...I am sorry...don't hate me now. But there is a song that has a great line in it. It says, "if you want to make God laugh tell Him your plans." Obviously this is not a Christian song, but that one line really got me thinking.

God's ways are so infinitely beyond ours, we can't even begin to comprehend His ways. So when life is confusing, or my circumstances don't seem to make sense, I have to remind myself that God's plan is out of the scope of my understanding. I just have to trust Him and know that the outcome is from the hand of holy, righteous, loving, good, God. And I have to be thankful for ALL of the circumstances He's put me in.

It seems nothing ever works out the way we want it to or expect it to, but God is creating a beautiful portrait with my life and right now I can only see one color, but as time goes by and I look back, more and more of the picture will be revealed and the handiwork of God will be evident in my life for all to see and how thankful I will be for the way God is shaping me right now.

1 comment:

Elaine Dieball said...

I heard that line too...what a blessing. It made my husband and I laugh at our own silliness. We are never in control and yet we constantly strive to be a backseat driver! Honestly, how well CAN you drive from the backseat, with no access to any of the controls? If you try to yank the steering wheel away from the Lord, our driver, then only an accident can ensue! God bless you!