Thursday, September 07, 2006

Philosophizing, Friends, and Fondue

It's finally happened.

No longer will I be given the kids menu at the Olive Garden. No longer will I be mistaken for a highschooler with the church group. No longer can I blame the alarm clock for the mornings I wake up late. No longer can I flip and run and wrestle and not feel sore the next day. No longer can I eat 3 desserts in one day without feeling guilty.

That's right. I'm old. Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 26. But I'll tell you one thing--it was honestly the best birthday I've ever had. I am not joking. More than ever before I see and appreciate God's lavish grace in my life.

I went to dinner with several friends and I felt so blessed to be surrounded by people who love the Lord and who care about me and my walk with Him. So many encouraging brothers and sisters in Christ that I am so thankful for and that I don't deserve to call my friends. God is so good!

Maybe birthdays aren't so bad. I can get used to one dessert a day. :o)

4 comments:

Char said...

Well this makes me feel old. :)

Re: the comment you left at my blog: (yeah completely off-topic to the post) cool that you get to be a...pyr-ette..? :)
I can indeed be a talented and tenacious sniffer-out of items on the internet-because I am the worst procrastinator on earth I admit.
I had a quick look and found many different glass and/or mirrored Jewellery boxes out there though.
I like this one myself, but here is a mirrored one and a nice stained glass one. Not many all glass ones have compartments though, if that's what you want.
Froogle is great for those kind of searches and you don't have the added headache of trying to pick out the ones from Canada (as I do). Hope you find what you're looking for!

NEB said...

Eh, kids your age always think they're going to live forever. When you get to be my age, you'll realize that desserts are the devil's poison. Enjoy your youth while you've got it.

Kate Alesso said...

Man, this makes me feel old and I'm not even nineteen yet!

The Resident Writer said...

Wow! Almost no one lives 26 years!! Your'e like a DINOSAUR! Its a blessing you can still walk!