Friday, December 14, 2007

It's the Most Stressful Time of the Year

Strange how at Christmastime, when I'm supposed to be beaming with joy, peace, and Yuletide cheer, it's quite the opposite. I'm tired--exhausted actually--cranky, sore, busy, stressed, and slightly overwhelmed. As hard as I try not to let holiday festivities (gifts, cards, parties) become a burden, it's happening. I find myself growling at my mom when we're out of ribbon, or bursting into tears because I have too much to do and not enough time. No matter what I do to try to avoid this (ex. slowing down, planning/organizing, praying, trying to keep focused, deep breathing, etc.), nothing seems to keep the Christmas chaos from happening. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

"Just stop it!"
-Bob Newhart

David Cho said...

Become a Scrooge.

wagamama said...

Thanks for the insightful, helpful comments. :)

Cherie said...

Rita Tyler would just say "snap out of it!" She told me this on many occasions at work.

~Cherie