Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Be Faithful Unto Death

I told my best friend today, "I feel like I've been banged, and battered, and hammered every which way lately, but hopefully I will come out a more shining and beautiful reflection of Christ." And that is truly my prayer.

"Your life is short--and our duties are many. Yet your assistance great--and your reward sure. Therefore, faint not--hold on and hold up, in ways of holiness, and heaven shall make amends for all! 'Be faithful until death--and I will give you the crown of life!'"
-Revelation 2:10

2 comments:

Ebeth said...

Sounds like Joni and her earring last Saturday. I think one point of the story was that we can take more pressure [pounding?] than we think we can. Since God is at work to conform us to the image of His Son....

Teri said...

Wonderful verse. Thanks.