Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Confessions of a Blogoholic (not really....I read like 3 blogs)

So, I have a confession. It's been driving me crazy lately to read other people's blogs. Everyone has cute, funny, silly anecdotes about things their kids are doing--like writing with crayons on the walls, or saying things that only kids say. Well, sorry. I don't have kids. So you won't find any cute stories like that on my blog. And I don't want my blog to become depressing, so I don't just want to talk about my trials like I have been for the past few months.

A friend who reads my blog was surprised to find out that I have a sense of humor (now that is sad). I was told that if you only know me from my blog, you wouldn't know what a goof I am.

So, dear readers (yes, all three of you), I am on a quest to find myself...my blogging self that is. To decide what my next blog should be about and what direction it should take. I'm open to suggestions. :)

5 comments:

NEB said...

Tell us about the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you. And I mean, EVER. That should liven things up around here.

:-)

CPLawson said...

Janea,
I for one enjoy reading your blog. I dont think every blog has to be "cute" or humorous. In fact I think yours has a lot of variety. Plus, with all the trials you have endured over the past year, it was wonderful to read of your firsthand thoughts and godly responses.

Just a thought. (BTW, in case you're wondering, I don't think we ever met in person. I knew your mother in choir, plus we have mutual close friends in Jon & Lola Perdido. I was a chosen groomsman who had to back out of their wedding due to personal circumstances here in Texas)

Sandi said...

ha ha.. :o) why don't you do a post about your "fat foot". :o) You could even put a picture of your foot on your blog. No, really though I think it is your writing background that makes you a writer and thinker at heart and that's what comes out in your blog. I like it. :o)

Ebeth said...

I vote for more about the ministry you do apart from GTY

The Resident Writer said...

I think you should write about all aspects of your life. Make your blog reflect YOU--sometimes silly, sometimes serious, some sad, and some fun creative fiction that makes you smile. Keep your blog fun, especially for you. Share your serious thoughts and inner reflections, and your creative writing and silly stories, too. That's my two cents.