Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pay For A Stranger's Starbucks

The other day I ordered from a drive-through Starbucks. The perfect opportunity to anonymously pay for the person behind me! So I ceased the opportunity to accomplish another birthday resolution.

At the window I asked the cashier, "Can I please pay for the car behind me?" She said, "Sure, do you know them?" And I answered her honestly and said, "No, I don't know them." She looked kind of surprised and said, "What should I tell them?" And I said, "You can tell them that I serve a generous God and so I wanted to do something generous for someone."

The lady smiled and said, "Maybe they will pay it forward." I said, "Maybe." And I smiled back, paid for the strangers grande mocha caramel frappaccino, and drove away.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Cool! But you left off in the middle of the story.... I wonder what their reaction was?? hmmm :)

Teri said...

I LOVE that story!

The Resident Writer said...

I'm gonna get in line behind YOU next time I go to Starbucks!!!