Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Eat Something Exotic/Wear a Hat to Church on Easter

Exotic
I planned my friend Jen's bachelorette party. It was over a month ago. Jen is now happily married. (She's been married 3 weeks now). But I did fulfill one of my birthday resolutions at the place we went for her party. It was a great little tea house in Pasadena called The Scarlet Tea Room. For an appetizer we ordered something very exotic--tempura squash blossoms stuffed with manchego, ricotta, almonds, and romesco. I can't even tell you what that is, but the waitress said it tastes out of this world, like it's from a different planet. So we took her word for it. And it was YUMMY.

Easter
So I knew I'd get teased if I wore a hat to church on Easter. And I was right. I got comment after comment about my "Easter bonnet" which was nothing close to a bonnet. But I don't care. You see, when I was little, my mom used to have me wear hats to church all the time, especially on Easter. So it was fun to do it again...it's been a LONG time and it felt like a little tribute to my mom.

4 comments:

JoyinChina said...

Those both sound fun! The squash blossoms sound really yummy. I've never tried those, either. Why can't they serve me something like that instead of chicken feet or unidentified gooey black patties or bees???

I'm afraid I am going to need to see proof of the hat on Easter. Don't you have a picture of you wearing it? Do post!

The Resident Writer said...

You GO, girl, with your bonnet!!

Sandi said...

you had a hat outing without me?? :) If you needed something exotic Allan could have brought you something Filipino. Maybe a balut?? :)

wagamama said...

That might be a little too exotic for me. :) Still looking for a toe ring. :)