Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Toe Ring

I figured I'd better start concentrating on my birthday list again if I want to finish everything before my birthday! Next on the list:
Wear a toe ring.

I've never worn a toe ring before. But you have to understand some history to know why I wrote this as one of my resolutions. My dear friend and X-roommate Sandi had a toe ring that she never took off. NEVER. NEVER. I'm not kidding. NEVER. She has worn this toe ring for 12 years now? Is that right, Sandi? So, several years ago when Sandi got married I begged her to take off the toe ring for the sake of her husband. But guess what? SHE DIDN'T! If I'm not mistaken, Sandi is still wearing the toe ring to this day!

So, I had to find out what is the big deal about toe rings. Hence my birthday resolution to buy a toe ring and wear it. And you know what? I do kind of like it. :) I won't tease you anymore, Sandi. But when or if I get married, please make sure I take it off! :)



4 comments:

Sandi said...

ha ha... looks good!

I think I actually did take it off because I got a pedicure for my wedding. But it was only off for a minute or so and right back on. I used to have two rings, but lost one in the river in Yosemite valley.

12 years... I guess that's about right. Got it in 96 or 97.

I won't say "told you so"

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas

JoyinChina said...

That is TOEtally sweet! Haha! :) It looks good on, and I love your sandals, too.

My VPN has been on the fritz, and Blogspot is blocked in China, but I was glad to be able to catch up on what you've been writing. Looks like you're receiving some well-deserved notice, my friend.

We need to talk!

Kyla said...

Thanks for the comment the other day on my blog. We definitely don't know eachother but I am grateful for your words of encouragement. LIfe is definitely tough for me right now and I could use all the encouragement I can get. I will be reading your blog.

Oh, and I've had a toe ring on for about 10 years and never took it off. :)