Friday, March 09, 2012

Another Post About Change

I looked at the date of my last post. It was Jan. 27th. Well, never when I wrote that post would I have thought that the very next day my life would change forever!

When I woke up, it was a normal day, too normal in fact. I was running errands and had taken my car in for an oil change. Then Josh called me and told me he got out of work early and said we should go for a hike. So I drove down to meet him. We got to the hiking trail. Josh took my hand and suddenly led me off the path into some grass, where he pointed to a little picnic set up. He suggested we check it out.

Then he told me he wanted to give me something. It was a frame, and inside of it was the piece of paper I had first written my email on for Josh before we even started dating. But he had added his own writing to it that said, I LOVE YOU! Josh had never said those words to me before, so it took me by surprise. I asked him if he was telling me he loved me. He said, "Yes, Nea, I love you so much!" And then he told me that he had something else to give me. That is when he got down on his knee and asked me to be his wife. He gave me the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. But I was in such shock, I didn't even look at the ring until later. I told Josh it would make me the happiest girl in the world to marry him.

After taking a few pictures, we munched on the Portos desserts that were there for us. But neither of us could eat very much. We went on a little walk, called and texted friends and family, and made a quick visit to Josh's sister.

Now, it's been over a month. It's been a whirlwind. Wedding planning is insane. :) And Josh's work and school schedule is wild. But the important thing is, we are getting married! On May 19th. All I know is that I am immensely blessed. Josh is the best gift I could ever ask for. I am more like Christ because of him and I love him more than I thought it was possible to love someone. I can't wait to be his wife!

--The Future Mrs. Beakley

1 comment:

The Resident Writer said...

I was wondering when you were going to write about this!!