Thursday, September 29, 2005

Murphy's Law

Whatever can go wrong, will!
I am starting to believe that is true.
Yesterday was a long day for me. After Bible study I was exhausted, but I didn't want to rush off and neglect the fellowship. So I hung around for a while and talked with some people.

I got home much later than I would have liked too, but no harm done. Or should I say...I thought there was no harm done. When I pulled into my driveway, the first thing I noticed was a massive blanket of brown pine needles covering my freshly manicured lawn--sad times. I'll clean it up tomorrow, I thought. Then, I walked into the house to notice the lattice against the wall in the back yard had completely fallen over so I went outside and struggled to lift the heavy board which, I might add, is taller and heavier than I am. But somehow I managed. While I was outside I noticed that several plants and trees and potted flowers were scattered across the lawn, leaving a heaping pile of dirt on my porch. So, I cleaned that up and swept up the unsightly mess. Then I realized...there had been a mini Katrina in my own back yard! The winds were pretty strong today, so I guess that's why the pine needles were everywhere and the lattice fell over the plants were knocked over. I am not complaining, mind you, just trying to show the validity of Murphy’s Law! In fact, I thanked the Lord that I don't live in New Orleans, and I prayed for the victims of Katrina.

But nonetheless, I am sure it was quite an amusing sight for my neighbor to watch me cleaning up the mess and struggling to lift massive objects all while dressed in my "fancy" work clothes just longing to find the comfort of my bed. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments: