Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Stress Ball


Okay, so I've decided. The best thing to do when I am stressed out is to post a new blog entry. (Okay, maybe it's not the "best" thing to do when I am stressed, but it is something...) Forget the thousand and one things whirling around in my mind, my cell phone ringing off the hook, the work piling up on my desk. When I've had enough, I think it is legitimate to take my "coffee break" and spend it trying to amuse the thousands of people who read my blog :o)

Please bear with me and follow my random train-of-thought. I have to say, I really admire stay-at-home-mothers. I've never had as much appreciation for them as I do now. You see, my parents are out of town, so I have the house all to myself for a month. And let me tell you--it's not easy. There is more to having a house than I ever thought. But it has been a good learning experience, who knows; someday I might become a wife and mother! Now that is a stressful thought...but a good one.

See, I've only written a couple of paragraphs and I already feel a thousand times better. I think that's because when I actually take a minute to catch my breath, I realize I don't really have any stress in my life. And if I do, it's a good kind of stress. The type of stress that makes me thankful...that makes me drop to my knees and praise the Lord for the overwhelming blessings he has put in my life. ("Be anxious for nothing, but in everything with prayer and supplication, present your request to the Lord.")

So, what stresses you out?

2 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Sometimes I get vicariously stressed out as a result of the favors my husband does for other people. I also get stressed out when I talk with someone whose brain must look like the inside of a lava lamp.
But writing in my blog, poring through my thoughts and separating the wheat from the chaff really makes me realize my percieved stresses have simple solutions. The blog is especially good at makimg you look objectively at your problemos because you have to clearly explain things to people who may not even know you.

The Resident Writer said...

Actually, let me take that back. My personal journal is the place to write about problems and stresses. The blog, public domain, is a place to share worthwhile positive and perhaps encouraging ruminations about life. I've read that nothing positive comes from dwelling on the negative.