Thursday, October 13, 2005

Legalism Is Still Sin

Yesterday, my coworker sent me a link to a website--a very interesting website-- definitely worthy of a blog entry. Here is the link to the site if you want to check it out:
www.lakewoodparkbaptist.com/sin_is_still_sin.htm

Here are some of the "highlights" below for those of you who are too lazy to visit the site:
The pictures are courtesy of Janea :o)


BODY PIERCING IS STILL SIN
Lev. 19:28, 21:5


ROCK MUSIC IS STILL SIN
Ephesians 5:12, Colossians 3:16, 1 John 2:15-17

DANCING IS STILL SIN
1 Corinthians 6:18-20, Romans 13:14 2 Timothy 2:22, James 1:27


SHORT HAIR ON A WOMAN IS STILL SIN
1 Corinthians 11: 1-15



And remember, these are just a couple of "highlights"--the list goes on and on.
This is not a joke! At first I was laughing my head off when I looked at this site. And then I got really sad...this is true and there are truly people who are out there twisting God's Word to fit their own legalistic rules and regulations of what a Christian looks like--just like the Pharisees--Woe to them!

I sent an email to the pastor of the church. Surprise, surprise, he hasn't responded and I don't think he will. But if he does, you will be the first one to know!

I felt like saying--LEGALISM IS STILL SIN!

No comments: