Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Things That Make You Go Hummmmmm

Now, obviously I don't believe in karma...but I'm about to tell you a story that will make you go hummmmm...As you know, I was devastated by the loss of my favorite radio station 93.9 KZLA (the country station) and I mentioned that I had found 1260 AM...a great station that plays standards music. Well, since the demise of 93.9, 1260 has been my new best friend. For the past several months, each morning on the way to work and each afternoon on the way back home I am soothed by the classic voices of Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Natalie Cole, etc. etc. etc. 1260 even has old radio shows on in the evening. Once I even sat in my driveway for 30 minutes to finish listening to one. Well, you guessed it--1260 AM is no longer. Gone, as quickly as I found it. A sad day for me. BUT I must say...I am put in a tough position because 1260 AM has been taken over by COUNTRY music! Karma?

2 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Stink!!! I was all excited, and just about to run to my radio to add 1260 AM to my presets.
And then you killed my joy by saying it had turned into a country music station. Bad karma. What did I ever do to you???? WWWHHHhhhhaaaaattttttt?

Picture me standing on a mountain top, with outstretched arms, yelling at the top of my voice.

Kate Alesso said...

Whoa nelly. Country to Jazz to Country. What in the world?