Thursday, August 30, 2007

Attention Christians: It's Okay to Have Fun!

Christians are allowed to laugh.

Christians are allowed to enjoy themselves.

Christians are even allowed to be goofy and silly.

In fact, God tells us to enjoy life to the fullest in Him. I've been accused of "acting young" (being immature), but I think people have a false view of what "maturity" is. Maturity does not mean putting on airs and acting serious all the time. True maturity is the discernment to act appropriately in any given situation. Scripture calls that propriety.

It would be unwise for me to spend more time analyzing this--then I'd begin to worry too much about what other people think of me. My highest goal, my highest pursuit is to please Christ. I can't worry about fitting into any mold anyone else may have for me.

Some people take themselves too seriously--they need to learn how to enjoy this life that God has given them. It might do them some good to spend time with someone like me. :o)

5 comments:

M said...

Thanks Janea! You're absolutely right, maturity does not mean putting on airs and acting serious all the time. I'm thankful that God's Word tells us that there is a time and a place for everything. True maturity is as you said the discernment to act appropriately in any given situation, and that is what i'm learning to do even as I type. Looking forward to you continuing to be you...

David Cho said...

I TOTALLY DISAGREE

M said...

Care to elaborate Sr. Cho? Please?

David Cho said...

Well, I was being facetious.

I thought my sense of humor had been an well established fact on the Internet, but apparently not.

That was very presumptuous on my part. Sorry.

M said...

Ay, ay, ay!