Tuesday, August 07, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

Well, camp is over. It's good to be back. I did have a wonderful time. Thank you everyone who was praying for our time. The Lord really did use it for His glory. Several students professed faith in Christ. Among them is Molly Dumas, Dan Dumas' niece. I had a chance to talk to her and share my testimony with her and answer some of her questions. I believe she really counted the cost and thought through the implications of being a Christian before she made a profession. Praise God!

The girls in my small group were very open and honest. I was blown away by their transparency and eagerness to grow. I believe Rick's messages from Ecclesiastes sobered them and got them thinking more seriously about life. I myself was challenged by the reminder of God's sovereignty, knowing that everything comes from His hand, the hand of a loving Father.

We had lots of twisted ankles, but nothing too serious. A girl named Annie and a staff member named Kelly collided in one of the games and hit heads--both of them ended up with stitches but that's all. The bus trips there and back went VERY smoothly. No "Bus Nazi's" like last year. It was truly a blessing.

Being the dork that I am, I didn't take any pictures, I got so busy and preoccupied. But if/when I get pictures from some of my girls, I will post them.

No comments: