Thursday, July 26, 2007

New Mexico

Well, my friends, it's that time of year again. The sun is hot, the sky is a beautiful smog-filled blue, and the mountains are a deep mahogany brown. That means it's summer and summer means one thing--high school summer camp! We leave on Sunday night for a 20-hour bus ride to Glorieta, New Mexico. I can't wait because camp is always such a wonderful time to spend with some of my girls and to get to know them better. I'd appreciate if you could pray for me while I'm away for the week. Here are some specifics you can pray for:

1. Safety- We are going far away which increases the chance of accidents on the road.

2. Health- It's easy to get sick because of the lack of sleep with the amount of physical energy we exert. It's no fun to be sick at camp.

3. Me and my girls- Pray for the Lord to give me wisdom as I lead small groups with my girls. Pray that I will have the right words to say and that the girls would grow in their walks with the Lord as a result.

4. Growth- Rick Holland is our camp speaker and he is one of my favorite pastors, so I know this will be a good time for me to reflect on my own walk and to grow in my own love for the Lord. Pray that the Lord would reveal my sin to me and that I would be teachable and repent.

Here are a couple of pictures from our last camp in January, winter camp:

3 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Will you play Mega box wars? Are you going to be one of the mean leaders that trips kids and turns them around?

I always LOVED mega box!!

wagamama said...

We did play mega box--that is the best game ever! I didn't trip kids...but I didn't get to be in the box this time either. They did have a staff round...but another staff lady from a different church wanted to try it so I let her go instead of me! Next year!

The Resident Writer said...

Your'e so nice. That sounds funny . . . it was so nice of you to "let" someone elso go and risk getting their face smashed in instead of you.