Monday, July 16, 2007

Times Are A Changin'

I remember when I could exercise as much as I wanted, and not get sore.

I remember when I could go to the bank without being called ma'am.

I remember when summer was actually summer.

I remember when I could eat anything without feeling guilty.

I remember when 25 seemed old.

I remember when driving was fun.

Time goes by so fast, it's almost unbelievable. Years vanish like a shadow in the dark right before my eyes and I look back and have no idea where those years went. Now I understand why Scripture commands us to redeem the time. Now I know why God tells us to enjoy our youth. Every day that passes is a day that I can never get back. So, I want to use the time the Lord has given me for His glory. I want to be as useful as I can for the short time that I am here on this earth. I want to be useful and purposeful with every moment so that when my deeds are tested through fire, when I stand before the Lord, what comes out is gold and silver and precious stones...not wood hay and stubble.

3 comments:

David Cho said...

You and Jen both.

Stop with this "Oh I'm getting old" non sense. PUHLEEZE!!!

M said...

That's what I'm talking about David! We are all being changed, and though our outer man is perishing, inside we're being renewed day by day! Lets definitely redeem the time, and leave a legacy behind :)

wagamama said...

Yes. I am afraid Jen didn't help very much! :o)