Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's Hard Being a Girl

I realize the whole concept of submission in marriage doesn't start with marriage. It's a quality I need to cultivate now. But it's not as easy as it sounds. God has given me certain character qualities and I would never use them to excuse my sin, but it does make it a little more difficult. I am opinionated, stubborn, loud, out-spoken, bold--none of those qualities lend themselves to submission. It just means I have to work harder than some other girls. But in the end, God is humbling me and teaching me what it means to prefer others and what it will someday mean for me to willingly put myself under the authority of a husband who will lead as I follow. There is no greater act of trust than for a woman to say--I will choose to submit to you and the decisions you make.

No comments: