Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Brokenness

Hebrews 7:24
“O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?”

It’s humbling to see what a wretched sinner I am. Pride, self-sufficiency, and lack of trust, are but a few of my gross deficiencies. What a repulsive, dark, and festering place are the recesses of my heart. I could easily wallow in the abomination of my flesh and become a helpless, useless, mess.

Hebrews 7:25
“I thank God––through Jesus Christ our Lord!”

But praise God, He has enabled me to experience glimpses of victory over the flesh here on earth and eventually perfect freedom from sin in the life to come. He has forgiven me and washed me––though my sins are like scarlet, He has made me white as snow. Jesus, thank you!

2 comments:

Ebeth said...

Yes.

Ebeth said...

Didn't Paul write something like this in Romans?