Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ursa Major

This past weekend I was in Big Bear with my Bible study, Compelled. Our speaker was Jack Hughes, and he preached on Christian liberties. I was so encouraged by spending time with some dear friends and fellow believers. And my walk was challenged as I remembered that everything I do needs to fall under the umbrella of putting others before myself. Even the way I use my liberties must be done through the eyes of loving and preferring other people with the gospel as my goal--the gospel to save those who don't know Jesus Christ, and to help those who do to excel still more! I was also reminded that I must know why I have the convictions I have, not simply because my church or my family did things a certain way, but because I have studied God's Word and developed convictions out of the desire to be obedient to Scripture. What a blessed time!

No comments: