Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Date With Dad

My dad came along to my friend's wedding in Sacramento. He didn't come for the entire time, but I had him all to myself for 2 days, so I got to spend a little time with him. My dad is a wonderful man and I love him very much. I've always known he is great, but my high opinion of him has only increased over the past several years as time passes and I've gotten to know him deeper. I appreciate him, respect him, and cherish him.
Here are 10 things I love about my papa:
1. He is a VERY hard worker.
2. He loves his wife, my mom, :) sacrificially.
3. He is always smiling, and has one of the best smiles ever!
4. He deals with trials like a saint. Nothing seems to shake him.
5. He listens faithfully to talk radio.
6. He is humble.
7. He lets me control the T.V. clicker, well, most of the time.
8. He is gentle.
9. No matter where he goes, everyone just LOVES my dad.
10. He always answers his phone, "pops, here," when I call.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

AAaahhhh! :o) so sweet! :o) Cute pictures too. Which friend got married? Was this your old friend when you were little you mentioned awhile back? Forgot her name....

wagamama said...

Yeah, Donnette. I've known her since preschool. Ha! Ha!

Wes and Rachel said...

those are such special pictures...you will cherish them for a VERY long time!