Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Get Away

Do you ever feel like you have to just get away? That's kind of how I feel right now. And funny thing, I am "getting away" this weekend. My friend Donnette is getting married on Friday (8/8/08). I've known her since preschool and we did gymnastics together for a while too. While we haven't stayed in touch as much as I would have liked, Donnette has always been a special person in my life. I'm excited to see her (it's been years). And I'll be flying to Sacramento for the wedding.

It's funny, before I left for Israel I was thinking about her and trying to figure out how to get in touch with her again. And when I got home, I had a letter from Donnette asking me to be part of her wedding! Talk about God's providence. As far as I know, Donnette is not a believer and so I'm praying this weekend will give me the chance to have gospel-paving conversations, and even if I'm not able to directly share the gospel at this point, I pray that my being part of this special time will open the way for future conversations and opportunities. Please pray for me if you think of it. I'll post pictures when I get back for sure!

2 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Have fun!

Sandi said...

ooo reading your posts backwards... ha ha.... answers my question though from the first post. Was the wedding nice??