Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Exercising My Civil Rights :)


Yes, Rick Holland would be so proud of me!

I had big plans for Saturday. My alarm didn't go off and I was running late, but I dragged myself out of bed, threw on jeans, a shirt, and a sweatshirt and headed out to the shooting range! I drove with a friend up to Sanfransiscito Cyn. in Santa Clarita. I love that drive, up the dirt road into the middle of nowhere until we finally came to the shooting range where I shot a pistol for the first time!

I have to admit, it was fun!

After a few rounds I got a feel for the gun and was hitting the target pretty much every shot by the time I finished off the amo.

But that wasn't the end. I got to shoot a rifle for the first time too. Didn't practice on that one yet...next time. But I did fire off two shots to get a feel for it. That's a lot of power in the hands of a little person like me. ;)

Thank you constitution of the United States of America. :)

2 comments:

JoyinChina said...

Yay for the right to bear arms! And the right to bare arms (look at you in a tank top in the middle of autumn!). :) What fun! I haven't shot in a long time, since I was a kid. You'll have to take me next time I'm in the area. :)

wagamama said...

Yeah, it's actually warm in CA...ahh the joys of living in the desert. We will definitely go...next time you just happen to be in the area. :)