Friday, November 06, 2009

People Are Crazy

I've done some stupid things in my life. But several days ago I think I topped myself! I blame the full moon.

When I got out of my car in the Rite Aid parking lot, I saw a poor little dog locked up in the car next to me. It was hot, 89 degrees, and the windows were up. The poor tiny pooch just looked at me and smushed it's little nose up against the window, panting. The dog looked like it hadn't been fed or bathed in ages. I couldn't take it!

Now here is where my lack of better judgement comes in. I saw that the car door was unlocked. So I quickly opened up the car door and rolled down the window so the dog could get some air. Then I walked over to Starbucks and got a cup of water for the dog. About 30 minutes passed when the owner finally came back. He was an angry man who cussed me out for thinking I was super woman and that I could save the world. After a ten minute rant, the guy finally left and took a picture of me on his cell phone as he drove away. HA! HA!

O my! Next time just remind me to call animal services. Again...I blame the full moon. :)

4 comments:

Sandi said...

ha ha... yes people are crazy. But God is great, beer is good and people are crazy. :o)

Ebeth said...

If I had been that dog, I would have thought of you as my heroine for rescuing me from heat stroke

wagamama said...

Sandi...so proud of you for catching the reference of yet another country song. ;)

The Resident Writer said...

I THOUGHT that was your picture I saw in the paper!!