Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Scatter-Brained

I never thought of myself as a scatter-brained person. Until now. I keep forgetting and misplacing important things, and there is no excuse for it. I need to get my act together. :) This mindless trend is not good to have when you're taking a trip out of state for a wedding. (Bite lip here.)

So this weekend my friend Holly got married! I was a bridesmaid in the wedding and had the blessing of going to Denver, Colorado to be part of Holly's special day. Holly has some amazing friends that I was privileged to meet. It was a great bridal party and I'm thankful to know that Holly is surrounded by so many wonderful friends. And I look forward to visiting again!

So maybe I had a few mishaps along the way, but God is gracious and everything worked out well. And I did learn some important lessons:

1. You can't always trust GPS.

2. Don't karaoke after 10 p.m.

3. People in Denver actually return things to the lost-and-found.

4. You can nap comfortably in a rental car.

5. Never iron a wedding dress with an old iron.

6. Never challenge Erin Robles to a game of checkers.

7. You don't know when or where you'll meet interesting people.

8. You don't have to pay $25 to check a garment bag on an airplane.

9. If your plane gets into LAX at 7:30 a.m., you can get your luggage and still get to work in Valencia by 8:44 a.m.!

4 comments:

Sandi said...

You are a crazy woman! ha ha.... but I must say that I have observed you being in the "scatter brained" category a few times in the past. :) But I'd rather call it "singularly focused" and sometimes more than others so that the little things fall to the side. :)

wagamama said...

Tis true, Sand. You know me too well. Maybe I'm finally just admitting it...before I was in denial.

Website's web said...

nice blog

http://www.websitesweb.co.cc/

Thanks

Dawn said...

Hi...came across your blog and it's very intersting...and funny...and I really enjoyed what I read! Doesn't sound like you're scatterbrained...maybe just busy:)))

Happy weekend to you!
dawn:)