Thursday, June 03, 2010

Orange Chicken, Lakers, and Car Hunting

I love my dad. And I don't spend enough time with my dad. So tonight I made orange chicken and salad and actually sat down at the table with my dad for dinner and we shared a meal together--that hardly ever happens!

I've also been car hunting. I think it's time for me to buy a new car and my dad and I have been doing a lot of discussing about what car I should buy. My little CRV has served me well, but Chole is starting to wear out, I'm afraid. Looking for a car is such a confusing process and a big investment and I want to make a wise decision, so I'm glad I have my dad to give me his two cents or more accurately his too sense. :)

And right now as I type this, my dad and I are watching the Lakers game together like we used to do when I was little. I remember I would sit and watch sports with him and he would pay me a dollar to give him a back rub. HA! HA! Well, no back rub tonight, but I am enjoying just relaxing and enjoying a game with my papa. I'm glad my next resolution is to go fishing with my dad.

4 comments:

A. DeVandry said...

You named your car Chole?

A. DeVandry said...

By the way, I think today and tomorrow is free fishing day nationwide. You won't need a fishing license (which costs about $30).

There are some decent fishing areas in OC (http://www.ocfishreport.com/freshwater/lakes.htm), one in particular doesn't require a license, just an entrance fee:

Santa Ana River Lakes
4060 E La Palma Ave Anahiem Ca 92806
714- 632-7851

A. DeVandry said...

As far as free fishing days, this weekend is only free for some states (like Colorado).

CA does have some free fishing dates though. In 2010 those days are July 4, and Sept 6 (Labor Day).

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/freefishdays.html

wagamama said...

THANKS, Aaron! That's a good idea to go fishing with my papa on July 4th! :)Labor Day is my b-day! :)