Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Reconnecting

I had dinner with an old friend last night. There are some people you can go without seeing for ten years and still feel like nothing has changed. There's comfort in those friendships, like an old blanket or a worn sweater.

When life gets confusing, friends who have known you for a long time can help give you perspective. They will be honest with you, like no one else. You may not always like what they have to say, but deep down, you know they're probablly right.

Everyone should have friends like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly agree. Life brings with it many changes and to have friends that understand and don't take things personally is a blessing. It's great to have friends that you can get together with even after long-long periods of time and pick up where you left off. You are one of those friends yourself my dear!

wagamama said...

I love you, Chela. Please call me! ;)