Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

For me, Good Friday has always been overshadowed by Easter. But for some reason this year it has gained more significance to me. I think about the people worshipping Christ as he entered the city, shouting hosanna, and laying their coats on the ground for Him. And then, just a few days later they were spitting on Him, mocking Him, and nailing Him to a cross to die.

I'm just as fickle. One moment I am praising Him with my lips and rejoicing over what He has done and the next moment I question His goodness and His plan in my life. I am like the disciples who can't even stay awake to pray for one hour in His time of greatest need. I sleep as He anguishes in prayer in some of the last moments of His life. I rest as He sweats drops of blood.

But He STILL died for me and He rose again and conquered death so that I might live in newness of life and spend eternity with Him forever!

Amazing love, how can it be, that Thou my God should die for me!

No comments: