Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Great Adventure

Every stage in life is so different.I'm learning to see each stage as an adventure. A dear friend, and woman I look up to very much, was telling me about how she recently found out that her husband must undergo open heart surgery. Now, if you knew my friend, you would know that she and her family have been through some extremely difficult trials in the past couple of years. And yet, in the midst of this new, huge trial, my friend was joyful, hopeful, calm, and even kept her sense of humor! I was amazed at her deep trust in the Lord which kept her so composed with a gentle, quiet, unfrazzled spirit! When she explained the situation of her husband's illness, she described it as "their newest adventure."

Since that conversation with my friend, I can't get that idea out of my mind. Adventure! Every stage in my life, every place where God has me, every trial I go through, I must see it as an adventure!

1 comment:

fawn said...

I would like to be a follower of your blog. I invite you to follow mine.