Friday, June 03, 2011

Reunions

HS reunions are strange things. You'd think I could probe the creative recesses of my word-nerd brain and come up with something more descriptive, right. Well, I'm sticking with it--they are "strange things."

Don't ask me how, but somehow I got sucked into helping with the planning of my HS reunion. I didn't realize what I was getting myself into. And now the reunion is 3 weeks away and I'm totally stressing out. There is so much I've been assigned to do at the last minute. And how can I possibly say no at this point?

I'm happy to help and I know it will be an enlightening and interesting dinner with my old classmates, so I'm glad to go, but at the same time it seems surreal. I can't be this old, because I don't feel this old! Well, recently my hip has been hurting me when I run. Does that mean I'm getting old too? Lord help me!

I'm dreading the reunion, but I'm also intrigued and excited about it at the same time. Any reunion stories to help me cheer me up? Or freak me out?

No comments: