Monday, March 26, 2007

From the Sublime to the Serious

I know my last post was totally goofy--it was meant to make you laugh--but this post is going to be a serious one. So I just wanted to warn you about the sudden change of pace. Anyone who knows me knows that I am super goofy...but I am also super serious. Lately it's been time to be serious in my life. So many of my good friends and family have been enduring some HUGE trials...life-shaking-kind-of-trials...not I'm having-a-bad-day-kind-of-trials. And I have been lifting them up in prayer. It's a little overwhelming sometimes to share in such huge burdens, but I am blessed the Lord has allowed me to be part of the entire trial process in the lives of many of my friends.

Here are some of the major prayer requests that have been on my heart:

1. My friends Scott Frankfurt and Logan Carr-
Jody Frankfurt passed away and her husband Scott and her best friend Logan are still enduring the pain and grieving. They need prayer, even though months have passed.

2. My friend Rebecca-
Rebecca's father passed away. Rebecca is my age and was very close with her dad. I know this is a difficult and painful ordeal to endure.

3. My friends Carly and Chad-
Carly and Chad lost their baby girl "Olivia Grace." Carly was almost 7 months along in her pregnancy, when they heard the news. I will continue praying for their healing, peace of mind and wisdom as they make decisions for their future.

4. My friend Marni-
Marni just recently found out her mom has cancer.

5. My aunt Laurene-
I recently found out that my mom's sister has cancer in her liver. (Her children, my cousins, are only 12, and 15). My aunt is saved.

6. My friend Greg-
Just a few days ago, my friend Greg (30 yrs. old) was admitted into the hospital. He was having bad headaches and after a couple of MRIs, CAT scans, and a spinal tap found out that he has a 3 tumors in his brain. We are still waiting for a fuller diagnosis and a course of treatment from the doctors.

If you'd like to join me in praying for these dear brothers and sister, please do!

3 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

You are not-never have been-alone in your prayers. I've been praying with you for some of these people for many whiles.

David Cho said...

Oh my!

A post like this is a sure cure for self-pity. Thanks for posting these.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friends and family. I will join you in your prayers for them.