Tuesday, June 12, 2007

ALONE

Mark 6:46
"And when He had sent them away, He departed to the mountain to pray."

Even Jesus had to get alone and go away to pray to His Heavenly Father. If this was a necessity for the Son of God, the Creator of the Universe, the Most High God, how much more is it essential for me? I crave that kind of intimacy with my Lord. I feel that need, to go away and be alone with God. To talk to Him and sit quietly and listen, and to let him speak back to me through His Word. No, God won't speak to me in a audible voice and tell me what to do, but when I acknowledge Him in all my ways and seek His will, not my own, I believe He will make clear the muddy areas in my life. He will gaurd my heart and mind with a peace that only He can give--a peace that surpasses all understanding.

4 comments:

M said...

Thanks for this Janea, and here I thought I was just being selfish! I crave those times...you can have all this world, but give me Jesus!

The Resident Writer said...

Read Job 33. "God speaks now in one way, now in another." Learn to observe the various circumstances in your life. God speaks to us in visions and dreams, while we are lying in bed, sometimes a bed of pain. He is always speaking to us. We need to learn to listen.

David Cho said...

Good post.

I don't think I will go so far as spending 40 days alone without food in the desert though.

wagamama said...

Jen, thanks. That's true. I don't have to go away to hear God's voice...but sometimes it helps :o)

David, I agree. I can't go 40 minutes without water, let alone 40 days. :o)