Wednesday, June 20, 2007

THOUGHTS

As I evaluated my recent posts, I noticed that I've been pretty serious lately. So I had great aspirations to post something really clever and funny and witty--something to make you all laugh, something that would get lots of comments. Notice, it's been 8 days and I still haven't come up with anything that fits that description. So, rather than make you laugh, out come some thoughts I've had today as a result of my reading in the MacArthur Daily Bible.

Life isn't easy. And while I shouldn't stress, unpleasant situations in life happen and my sinful response is to worry. In the book of Acts, Peter and John were in prison for sharing the gospel and by a turn of miraculous events, they escaped. Knowing me, I would worry and fret. But the church at that time rejoiced in God's power, they recognized that even the people involved in Christ's death were gathered to do "whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done." And the church used Peter and John's situation as a chance to rejoice in God's sovereignty.

That's a lesson for me. God is sovereign. God's plan can not be thwarted by any man. I can take confidence and rejoice in that fact, for He is "God who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in them." I have nothing to fear, but Him who ought to be feared.

2 comments:

David Cho said...

Don't you think God has a great sense of humor?

But don't worry about being funny. Just being yourself will make me smile.

wagamama said...

Yes. I have no doubt that God has a sense of humor! :o)