Monday, October 08, 2007

Change of Plans

I had big plans for the weekend. I was going camping in Yosemite. And I was ready to hike Half Dome. God had other plans. I woke up feeling terribly sick--nauseous to be exact. It wouldn't be wise to sleep in a tent for two days and push my body to the limit by a challenging hike.

And I had to remember--put people above things. God wanted me to spend time with dear friends and their unsaved brother. God wanted me to catch up with a ministry partner, and God wanted me to be encouraged by a friend. None of that would have happened if my plans had come to pass.

I never stop, but God says he wants me to be still. When I'm still, He reveals things to me and speaks to me through His Word, and gives me a deeper and clearer discernment of events in my life.

I make plans, but God directs my steps.

1 comment:

vara said...

Hi, I was surfing looking for Christian blogs as I needed encouragement and I'm glad I found yours. Thank you. Your faith shines through and your post on accepting God's change of plans is a timely reminder for me. God bless you.