Monday, October 01, 2007

Indicators of Pride

By: Dave Norton (adapted from Stewart Scott)

-Complaining
-Lack of gratitude
-Expectations not being met
-Seeing myself as better than someone else
-Inflated view of my importance
-Lack of using my abilities
-Self-pity
-Perfectionism
-Talking too much
-Seeking independence or control
-Caring too much what other people think
-Devastation because of criticism
-Unteachability
-Sarcasm
-Lack of service
-Lack of compassion
-Defensiveness/blameshifting
-Lack of prayer
-Resistance to authority
-Minimizing sin
-Jealousy, envy
-Deceitfulness
-Lack of close relationships

6 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Oh, where, oh, where has my little friend gone? Oh, where, oh, where can she be? I saw her, and I hugged her,and I gave her a pat, but still she hasn't written to me.

Ebeth said...

Drat. I am posting on the same subject tomorrow. Well, obviously I need a good dose of humbling.

M said...

As I read down the list, I grew more and more sick to my stomach. I see so many of these "indicators" in my own life. But for every look I take at myself, I take ten looks at Jesus who cancelled and cleared my unsurmountable debt. Thank God for the author and perfecter of our faith.

David Cho said...

I scored 100%. And I am very proud of it :).

Do I get a Hullabaloo T-shirt?

wagamama said...

Yes, David, but you have to design it first. :o)

Ali said...

I recognize this from some where.
Hmm... let me think.
...I'm sure it will come to me...
~~AL