Thursday, October 25, 2007

Where Is God?

Smoke from countless fires contaminates the air around me--thousands have lost their homes, some have lost their loved-ones. Where is God? God is on His throne.

My mom has cancer. My aunt has cancer. Where is God? God is on this throne.

My friend has a brain tumor. My friend's little brother is in jail. My friend's baby has leukemia. My friend's dad has cancer. Where is God? God is on His throne.

We live in a fallen world. Bad things happen. Sad things happen. And the sovereignty of God is only comforting if He is our highest prize. If my mind is set on the things above, then no matter how bad things seem here, my hope and joy is found not in this world, but in the next. When the glory of God is my highest aim, then even in the midst of terrible circumstances I will be able to say, "blessed be the name of the Lord!"

Lord hear my prayer and my cry,
I lift my voice to You on high.
Bring comfort and peace to those in pain.
And may I dare not ever complain.
Help me find rest in You alone
You are God, You are on Your throne.

2 comments:

M said...

"FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY. BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM." But we are not of shrinking back...but of faith. Often times it's when we're utterly alone before the Lord, so broken that we don't even know what or how to pray that His still small voice is heard. He is there. He REALLY, REALLY is! "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 10:37-11:1

Ebeth said...

The LORD has established His throne in the heavens, and His sovereignty rules over all.--Psalm 103:19