Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Something in the Water

Many of my friends, coworkers, and acquaintances are expecting! And I am overwhelmed to watch God at work in each specific instance.
One friend and past co-worker, Stephanie Wahler Sanderson, had her baby girl Suzie, about 2 months early. Bleeding in Suzie's brain has caused some possible damage and Suzie is currently in the hospital with both Steph (mom) and Kyle (dad) by her side. I am praying fervently for all three of them.

My dear friend and coworker, Lola, has had a difficult pregnancy and was put on bed rest early on. Lola is due in late August, but it appears little Emma is eager to meet the world and will most likely arrive before her due date.

Another close friend and coworker, Chela, also recently found out that she is expecting. Her due date is March 18, 2009. I can't wait to find out whether she is having a girl or boy! It's been fun to see her each day at work praising God through the fun side-effects of being pregnant.

The list could go on. There are several more expecting couples with their own unique stories. But the point is, through it all, the easy, fun and exciting times and through the difficult, scary, and nightmarish times, my friends have all shown a deep faith in their Savior, Jesus Christ, and a rich understanding of the doctrine of God's sovereignty. I am so thankful for each one of them and rejoice and mourn with them as is fitting. I am learning the deep comfort that comes from understanding God's sovereignty in my own life and I rest my future and that of my friends and their little ones in the hands of my good and gracious God.

No comments: