Thursday, September 16, 2010

Change, Scary and Exciting

I'm not good with change--it freaks me out and sometimes even the thought of it cripples me. I'll even sometimes avoid making decisions because I know the inevitable consequence is change.

I don't know why I'm such a creature of habit. But I'm learning that change can be good. Change can give the Lord room to work in my life in ways that wouldn't be possible if I held on to the status quo. If I get out of my comfort zone I'm forced to recognize my dependence on the Lord and to trust Him and lean on His sovereignty. Change puts legs on my faith.

"Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness."
-Psalm 107:8-9

An addition: After I wrote this post I had Panda Express for lunch and my fortune cookie said, "You will make a change for the better." HA! HA!

1 comment:

Ebeth said...

I'm going to send you some poems about this subject via e-mail