Thursday, September 23, 2010

Good News

Last night at high school Bible study we talked about the gospel, the good news. As Christians we throw that word around a lot, but what does it really mean? Do we really understand the gospel? Are we able to clearly articulate it to others?

Then in small group I got some really exciting news. One of my girls accepted Christ as Savior on Monday night, just three days ago! I can't even tell you how encouraging that news is. This girl was fooling herself and lying to herself as well as to other people and on Monday night the Lord opened her eyes. I am rejoicing and Scripture says the angels are rejoicing too!

I am so thankful for the good news, the gospel of Christ. I am in desperate need of the gospel everyday--it's not just for the unsaved.

"I am not ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God unto salvation." Romans 1:16

No comments: