Friday, January 21, 2011

New Year, New Look, New Thoughts

Hope you like the new look of my blog. I feel like I've made so many changes in my life in past few months that my blog should reflect that! A fresh look and a fresh outlook for the new year.

Yesterday I was reminded that I don't often remember what a BIG God I serve. And so often, I don't have because I don't ask. But why should I be afraid to ask God to do something "too big" or "too specific?" That's just silly. In fact, God wants me to think big and to be bold when I emplore Him. God wants me to be persistent like a child who will keep asking until their request is granted. My prayer is that I will return to the simpicity of my faith and be like a child before Him, unashamed to ask for anything from my Father who loves me.

God is so big, He even uses my sin to bring glory to Himself. That's tough for me to grasp. No, I don't want to sin. I need to flee from it and mortify it violently if necessary. But I WILL sin and God's grace is so big, God is so good, that He will use my sin for good. So what do I do? What is my job? I will strive to die to sin and rest in grace!

1 comment:

JoyinChina said...

I do like your new look! Your new profile picture rocks!

You're so right about the big God we serve. He's amazing! I'm thankful He's so huge that my puny mind can't begin to fathom Him. But I look forward to trying for the rest of eternity. :)

BTW, if we get together this summer, I can totally give you guitar lessons, girl (saw on your profile you wanted to learn). I'm definitely no expert, but I've mastered simple. :)