Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Lesson from Uganda

My heart is always heavy for the country of Uganda after I talk to my sister! I skyped with her last night and began to think about all of the ministry that is going on there and all the Lord is doing. Then this morning I got an email from Danielle Hurley. She is a missionary in Uganda as well. Her email described a Muslim funeral she went to. She described how she was not allowed to sit with the Muslim women because as a non-muslim, she might defile them. And she described how she had to eat a bunch of icky food so that she would not offend the others at the funeral.

For some reason this got me thinking about how this world is not our home. We are just aliens here. We don't fit in. And as much as we try to make it comfortable, the more comfortable it is, the more we forget we don't belong here. So when something "uncomfortable" happens to me, I need to remember that is a kind and gentle reminder from the Lord that I belong with Him in glory, not here on earth.

No comments: