Saturday, March 26, 2011

Not Just Another Shower



I went to a baby shower today. Yes, I've been to tons of showers, but this one was different. There were so many special details about this shower...handmade favors, ribbons, decorations, flower pens, even pregnant onion plants. I think more love went into this shower than any shower I have ever been to. And today I had an epiphany. The only reason for a shower is to pour out love on the person having a baby (or getting married...whatever the occasion). Sure that doesn't sound like much of an epiphany, but I had never thought of it that way before.

This grand awakening happened when we started playing one of the games. Here's a quick lowdown. Eat baby food, guess what it is. Person with the most right guesses wins! Now I'll be honest. the only reason in the world I will eat baby food is because I LOVE the person who's baby shower I am celebrating. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't come to your shower, and I certainly wouldn't eat baby food!

And then it hit me. Duh! That is the only reason to have a shower of any kind. To show love to the person. I will never look at showers the same way ever again!

No comments: