Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Waiting...

Sometimes all we can do is sit and wait...

Certain circumstances are out of our control and we simply have to wait. And trust. Trust that God's promises are true and that His strength is sufficient to get us through.

And that's the situation I find myself in today. Waiting...waiting for answers.

When my dad told me he might have prostate cancer, I made a conscious choice not to freak out, not to let fear get a foothold in my heart. I told myself to be logical and to wait until we had some answers.

So I waited...waited for my dad to go to the doctor. And I waited...waited for him to have blood tests. And now I am waiting...waiting for results. Cancer, or not?

God tells me it is good to wait on Him!

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!

Psalm 33:20
Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.

Psalm 37:7
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him

Psalm 37:9
...But those who wait on the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

Psalm 37:34
Wait on the LORD, and keep His way, and He shall exalt you to inherit the land.

Psalm 39:7
“And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You.

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.

Psalm 52:9
I will praise You forever, because You have done it; and in the presence of Your saints I will wait on Your name, for it is good.

Psalm 59:9
I will wait for You, O You his Strength; for God is my defense.

Psalm 62:1
Truly my soul silently waits for God; from Him comes my salvation.

Psalm 62:5
My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him.

Psalm 69:3
I am weary with my crying; my throat is dry; my eyes fail while I wait for my God.

Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope.

Psalm 130:6
My soul waits for the Lord; more than those who watch for the morning—Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.

2 comments:

grace said...

my prayer in tough times is always ''peace, be still'' - the hardest thing to do, but He gives grace

wagamama said...

THANKS for praying everyone! Praise God for answering prayer. We found out that my dad is okay! He does not have cancer!