Saturday, June 21, 2008

Made It and Made the News

Hey everyone. It's a blessing to be able to make this post and let you all know what's been happening the past fews day. I am here in Israel. We made it! But we've had a few adventures along the way. Before even leaving LAX we had a man removed from our flight. He had cursed out another passenger so they asked him to leave the plane. When he refused, they had security come and remove him and his wife--when the security gaurd touched his wife, the man started screaming and jumping at the officer. It was quite an ordeal. It even made the 6 o clock news. Other than that the trip was uneventful, we even got all our luggage and got to see the orthodox people saying their prayers--a very cultural experience.

Yesterday we finished out set up and greeted missionaries and even got to hear Isreali music (and dancing). We had a blast. It is a blessing to be here and to see all the missionaries. We are thankful for the rest we had yesterday and today because the craziness will start tomorrow with the kids. So please pray.

I wish I could say more, there is so much to describe and to say, but time will not allow. God is good and I can't wait to tell you all I am already learning.

Sabot Shalom!

3 comments:

JoyinChina said...

So glad to hear you're safe and happy! Sounds like you're having fun. You're in my prayers often. I miss our chats online! :)

Blissfully Yours said...

Woo hoo!!! God is so good and faithful in allowing you all to arrive safely and with all your luggage. I hope you are taking lots of pictures and even some short videos so that we can enjoy them upon your return. I will pray for you and continue to do so. I miss you already and it's only been a couple of days. Hugs! Please give my love to the Green's and Borchmanns... oh and don't forget the shucks!

Wes and Rachel said...

So good to hear you arrived safely. I am so glad I found your blog - didn't know you had one! :) I miss talking to you on facebook! Can't wait for you to get back and don't forget to bring pictures to the boys birthday! love ya!