Thursday, June 12, 2008

Palm Springs and Israel :)

I can't believe the time has come. It seemed so far away, and now it's here! Two years ago when I heard the next missionary conference was set to be in Israel, I only dreamed of the chance to go. It feels like it's been two months, but now two years later, here I am just days from my departure. With so much happening and so much to be done before I leave, I didn't think the day would come. I leave on Wednesday, June 18. My sister and her husband Caleb leave for Uganda just one week after me! It's almost unreal.

Please pray for me, the next few days will be very busy. Tomorrow I will take a group of graduating high school girls to Palm Springs for the weekend as as part of the Resolved Conference. Then I will work on Monday and Tuesday of next week and fight airport traffic on Wednesday morning--final destination--Tel Aviv!

I praise God for this chance to go to Israel. I am so privileged, humbled, and honored to be part of this team that will do our best to serve our missionaries who are all over the globe.

I know this weekend at Resolved is going to be refreshing, encouraging, challenging, and help to set my heart and mind right even before I leave for my STM trip. I can't wait to give you all a full report when I get back of how God worked over there and also what he did in my life over the few weeks I'm away.

I will try to be on email periodically, so feel free to contact me, I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Safe journeys...to Palm Springs AND Israel. We will pray for you.

~Cherie