Wednesday, July 08, 2009

All Quiet on the NeaNea Front

I've been reflecting a lot on what my life has been like the past 6 months. I can tell you one thing for sure. I am not the same person. I am not the same Christian. I say that because I've grown so much in my walk with the Lord, I can't even recognize the person I was. I feel like I've been through a crash course in practical Christian living that has matured me and made me more like my Savior.

I am starting to understand why Titus tells the OLDER women to teach the YOUNGER women. Now don't get me wrong, I know someone "young" can understand Scripture and give wise and helpful counsel. I don't look down on youth. But after seeing how dramatically my life has grown in just 6 months, I understand better that an OLDER woman has so much wisdom to impart to me. There is no substitute for gray hair and the time and life experience it takes to earn them.

1 comment:

The Resident Writer said...

So true. We can't live this Christian life alone, in our own wisdom.