Wednesday, May 05, 2010

God's Economy

So often I think of the highest good as my comfort and my happiness. But in God's economy that couldn't be further from the truth! God wants my holiness and if that means me being uncomfortable and going through trials, then so be it. The end result is worth it.

The question is, do I REALLY believe that God has my best in mind? Do I REALLY believe God's promise that He does not withhold any good thing from His children? Do I REALLY believe God loves me? Do I REALLY believe He hears me when I cry out to Him? Yes, yes I do with my whole heart! But so often I live in my economy and think I deserve good and I'm selfish and stubborn like a child when I don't get my own way. But I'm learning to trust. I'm learning to let go of my desires and to submit my will to His. I'm learning to be thankful and to rest in His sovereign control over all the circumstances of my life.

I'm not there yet, but I'm learning. And that's progress, that's sanctification.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

thanks for sharing.