Monday, February 12, 2007

God's Sovereignty....The Getty...The Hospital

Proverbs 16:9
"A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."

What a weekend! I just have to say, God amazes me! On Friday night, the topic of the message at my Bible study was God's providence. Little did I know that God was going to make that attribute of His come to life in a way I've never experienced. I had plans for Saturday...my day was scheduled out...spend time with my mom in the morning, meet Ayemi for lunch in the afternoon, and go to a HS event in the evening. But God had other plans! While I was shopping with my mom, I got a phone call that a group of people were going to the hospital to spend time with Rebecca (my dear friend who's dad is dying). So Ayemi and I decided to meet up later and go to the hospital together. I would just go to the high school event a little late. Still, God had other plans! Ayemi and I found out Rebecca couldn't be at the hospital until 7pm. So, Ayemi and I spent the rest of the afternoon together. We went to the Getty Museum--and once again God's providence was crystal clear. There was an exhibit of "icons" from St. Catherine, a church right at the bottom of St. Sinai (amazing). But incredibly sad at the same time-- they worship icons of saints that have no power, no life when the living and true God commanded them right from that Mt. to have NO others God's, and to make NO graven images. Ayemi ran into her friend Patina...a girl that shared the gospel with her! Talk about God's providence. After that we went to the hospital and spent a wonderful time praying, crying, singing, and reading Scripture with Rebecca! I am so thankful for my salvation. I am so thankful that I serve the true and living God who has power to heal. He has power over sickness and disease, authority above all the saints. And only He can save souls.

1 comment:

Kate Alesso said...

Wow. That is so cool! I love days that are so unexpected (to me) but completely planned (by God).