Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Day


You know, if we were better at expressing our appreciation for the people God has put into our lives (friends, family, etc.) then we wouldn't even need a holiday like Valentine's Day. I think that's what I will take away most from today. We need to thank the Lord every day for putting friends in our life that challenge us, confront us, encourage us...and we shouldn't need a special day to remind us to do that. And it's even more important to tell the people we care about how thankful we are for them--not just...I am thankful for you...but specifically what about them encourages you or what about them do you appreciate? Well, I am thankful for all of you, my friends, who care enough about my life that you take time out to read my blog. That makes me feel special!

1 comment:

The Resident Writer said...

Darn!!! I was hoping to be able to tease you, thinking that you'd say you were thankful for your readers, without giving any specific reason. But you DID give a specific reason, and you WEREN'T hypocritical, so now my bubble is burst, and I have nothing to tease you about. Flippin' carefully thought out post!!!!